[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Uwano Formation Hanzawa, 1954
Invalid synonym: Uwagaya Formation
Uwano is an old name of Uwagaya, Minamisoma city, Fukushima pref.
- Type locality: Yumiorezawa creek - Kamimano river, Minamisoma city, Fukushima prefecture
- Coherent formation
- Early Permian (Fusulinids)
- Correlation: Sakamotozawa Formation
- Sedimentary facies: Marine
- Lithofacies (Upper): Sandy shale, Shale
- Lithofacies (Upper, Minor): Limestone, Siliceous tuff
- Lithofacies (Lower): Sandy shale, Shale, Sandstone
- Lithofacies (Bottom): Sandstone, Conglomerate
- Sedimentary structures: Parallel stratification
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Yumiorezawa creek - Kamimano river - Ainosawa - Hebiishizawa creek, Minamisoma city, Fukushima pref.; Nitta river, Haramachi ward, Minamisoma city, Fukushima pref.
- Fossils: Crinoids, Radiolarians
- Fossils (Fusulinids): Chalaroschwagerina? sp., Pseudofusulina? sp., Pseudoschwagerina sp., Schubertella sp.
- Yanagisawa et al. (1996) Geology of the Somanakamura District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 114p. (in Japanese with English abstract 9p.)
- Kubo et al. (1990) Geology of the Haramachi and Omika District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 138p. (in Japanese with English abstract 7p.)