[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Mano Formation Sato, 1956
- Type locality: Mano river, Tateishi, Minamisoma city, Fukushima prefecture
- Coherent formation
- Early Carboniferous, Tournaisian - late Visean
- Correlation: Hikoroichi Formation
- Sedimentary facies: Marine
- Lithofacies (Top): Calcareous sandstone
- Lithofacies: Interbedded sandstone and shale
- Lithofacies (Minor): Acidic tuff
- Sedimentary structures: Graded bedding, Parallel stratification
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Mano river - Nagasawa creek - Kamimano river, Minamisoma city, Fukushima pref.; Hebiana, Haramachi ward, Minamisoma city, Fukushima pref.
- Fossils (Trilobites): Conophillipsia sp., Linguaphillipsia? sp., Paladin? sp.
- Fossils (Brachiopods): Brachythyris sp., Choristites sp., Dictyocloslus sp., Fusella sp., Georgethyris cf. acutiloba, Leptagonia cf. analoga, Orthotetes cf. keokuk, Rugosochonetes cf. celticus, Schizophoria resupinata, Spirifer sp., Spiriferina cf. transversa, Syringothyris spp., Tylothyris laminosa, Yanishewskiella cf. angulata
- Fossils (Rugosa): Lophophyllidium sp.
- Yanagisawa et al. (1996) Geology of the Somanakamura District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 114p. (in Japanese with English abstract 9p.)
- Kubo et al. (1990) Geology of the Haramachi and Omika District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 138p. (in Japanese with English abstract 7p.)