[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Kamassawa Sandstone and Siltstone Member (Chinzei, 1958) Chinzei, 1966
Invalid synonym: Kamassawa Alternation of Sandstone and Siltstone Member
This member had been defined as the bottom of Kubo Formation.
- Type locality: Kamazawa, Shitazaki, Ninohe city, Iwate prefecture
- Coherent formation
- late Miocene
- Sedimentary facies: Shallow marine
- Sedimentary facies: Continental shelf
- Lithofacies: Interbedded sandstone, siltstone and tuff
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Kamazawa, Shitazaki - Shimokaisho, Kintaichi - Joboji, Ninohe city, Iwate pref.; Komukai, Nanbu city, Sannohe county, Aomori pref.
- Fossils: Echinoids, Ostracods, Sponges (Spicules), Foraminifera, Diatoms (Thalassionema schraderi)
- Fossils (Kubo fauna): Antiplanes sadoensis, Fusitriton oregonensis, Lucinoma acutilineatum, Pandora pulchella, Turritella nipponica, Venericardia ochiaiensis
- Tuzino et. al. (2018) Geology of the Ichinohe District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, AIST, 161p. (in Japanese with English abstract 4p.)