[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Zyumonzi Formation (Chinzei, 1958) Tuzino et al., 2018
Invalid synonym: Lower Tomesaki Formation, Zyumonzi Sandstone Member, Kamayashiki Formation
- Type locality: Jumonji river, Jumonji - Kamayashiki - Kamitomai, Ninohe city, Iwate prefecture
- Coherent formation
- middle Miocene (15 - 12 Ma, Microfossils)
- Sedimentary facies: Shallow marine
- Climate: Tropical - Subtropical (Foraminifera), Warm temperate (Plants)
- Lithofacies (Main part): Tuffaceous sandstone
- Lithofacies (Minor): Siltstone, Glauconite sandstone
- Sedimentary structures: Cross stratification
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Kintaichi - Jumonji - Kamayashiki - Shimotomai - Ainoyama - Appi, Ninohe city, Iwate pref.; Tsukidate - Otomo, Ichinohe city, Ninohe county, Iwate pref.; Asakusazawa, Karumai city, Kunohe county, Iwate pref.; Miyazawa, Sannohe city, Sannohe county, Aomori pref.; Nagasawa, Toya, Nanbu city, Sannohe county, Aomori pref.
- Fossils: Shellfishes, Pipe rocks
- Fossils (Plants): Buxus protojaponica, Cinnamomum cf. miocenum, Fagus palaeocrenata, Fagus Protojaponica, Lindera sp.
- Tuzino et. al. (2018) Geology of the Ichinohe District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, AIST, 161p. (in Japanese with English abstract 4p.)