[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Esashika Formation Tuzino et al., 2018
Sediments which do not show clear surface structures at the eastern flank of Mount Oritsume. Sediments having clear alluvial fan surface structures are Oritumedake Fan Deposit.
- Type locality: Kudanami, Kunohe city, Kunohe county, Iwate prefecture
- Coherent formation
- early - middle Pleistocene (1.6 -0.4 Ma, FT, U-Pb)
- Sedimentary facies: Terrestrial
- Sedimentary facies: Alluvial fan, Braided river
- Sedimentary facies: Debris flow deposit
- Lithofacies: Gravels
- Lithofacies (Minor): Mud, Sandy mud, Sands, Tephra
- Distribution: Kudanami - Esashika, Kunohe city, Kunohe county, Iwate pref.
- Tuzino et. al. (2018) Geology of the Ichinohe District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, AIST, 161p. (in Japanese with English abstract 4p.)