[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Nisatai Formation (Otuka, 1934) Tuzino et al., 2018
Invalid synonym: Nisatai Dacite, Nisatai Liparite
The bottom clastic rocks had been included in Yotsuyaku Formation.
- Type locality: Nisatai river, Tareyanagi - Ohagino, Ninohe city, Iwate prefecture
- Coherent formation
- Oligocene - Miocene (21.8 - 21.0 Ma, K-Ar; 22.8 - 22.3 Ma, FT, 22.2 Ma, U-Pb)
- Sedimentary facies: Terrestrial
- Lithofacies: Rhyolitic pyroclastic rocks
- Lithofacies (Bottom): Conglomerate, Sandstone, Mudstone
- Distribution: Nisatai river, Tareyanagi - Ohagino, Ninohe city, Iwate pref.; Numanotai, Ninohe city, Iwate pref.
- Fossils (Bottom): Plants
- Tuzino et. al. (2018) Geology of the Ichinohe District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, AIST, 161p. (in Japanese with English abstract 4p.)