[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
- Coherent formation
- Middle Jurassic, Early - Middle Bajocian (Ammonoids)
- Sedimentary facies: Marine
- Lithofacies: Sandstone
- Lithofacies (Minor): Slate
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Kesennuma city, Miyagi pref.
- Fossils: Belemnites sp.
- Fossils (Ammonoids): Pelekodites (Spatulites) spatians, Sonninia cf. corrugata, Stephanoceras cf. plicatissimum
- Fossils (Shellfishes): Astarte? sp., Inoceramus spp., Leda? sp., Lima, Macrodon sp., Nucula? sp., Trigonia (Lyrodon) sumiyagura, Torigonia (Vaugonia) yokoyamai, Vaugonia (Hijitrigonia) geniculata
- Kambe and Shimazu (1961) Kesennuma, Explanatory Text of the Geological Map of Japan, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 73p. (in Japanese with English abstract 16p.)