[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Chonomori Formation (Shiida, 1941) Onuki and Bando, 1958
Invalid synonym: Saragaizaka Formation, Atagoyama Formation
- Type locality: Mount Chonomori - Mount Atago, Kesennuma city, Miyagi prefecture
- Coherent formation
- Late Triassic, Carnian - Norian
- Sedimentary facies: Shallow marine
- Lithofacies: Interbedded sandy mudstone and Sandstone
- Lithofacies (Bottom): Conglomerate
- Sedimentary structures: Cross stratification
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Mount Chonomori - Mount Atago - Okaminosu, Kesennuma city, Miyagi pref.; Ishizumi - Yoriki - Hiramatsu, Utatsu, Minamisanriku city, Motoyoshi county, Miyagi pref.
- Fossils: Belemnoids (Dictyoconites japonicus), Aulacoceras sp., Trace fossils
- Fossils (Ammonoids): Arcestes sp., Placites sp., Rhacophyllites sp.
- Fossils (Bivalves): Monotis ochotica, Monotis ochotica densistriata, Monotis ochotica ochotica, Monotis scutiformis, Monotis zabaikalica, Neoschizodus sp., Oxytoma sp., Tosapecten sp.
- Ehiro and Morikiyo (2013) Jour. Geol. Soc. Japan, vol.119, Supplement, pp.47-67 DOI
- Takeuchi and Mikoshiba (2002) Geology of the Senmaya District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, AIST, 76p. (in Japanese with English abstract 3p.)
- Takeuchi and Kaneko (1996) Geology of the Shizugawa District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 93p. (in Japanese with English abstract 5p.)
- Kamada (1993) Geology of the Tsuya District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 70p. (in Japanese with English abstract 6p.)
- Kambe and Shimazu (1961) Kesennuma, Explanatory Text of the Geological Map of Japan, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 73p. (in Japanese with English abstract 16p.)