[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Usuginu Formation (Noda, 1934) Takeuchi and Mikoshiba, 2002
Separated from Toyoma Formation by Takeuchi and Mikoshiba, 2002.
Invalid synonym: Yamazaki Conglomerate Member
- Sedimentary facies: Marine
- Lithofacies: Usuginu Conglomerate, Sandstone, Mudstone
- Sedimentary structures: Graded bedding
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Mount Takauto - Miyahata, Fujisawa town, Ichinoseki city, Iwate pref.; Satetsu river - Numata - Idozawa, Ichinoseki city, Iwate pref.
- Fossils: Fusulinids (Lepidolina multiseptata)
- Fossils (Limestone gravels, Fusulinids): Lepidolina sp., Parafusulina rodaiensis, Pseudofusulina popensis, Pseudofusulina toyomensis
- Fossils (Limestone gravels, Corals): Wentzelella sp., Yatsengia sp.
- Fossils (Sandstone gravels): Monodiexodina matsubaishi
- Ehiro and Morikiyo (2013) Jour. Geol. Soc. Japan, vol.119, Supplement, pp.47-67 DOI
- Takeuchi and Mikoshiba (2002) Geology of the Senmaya District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, AIST, 76p. (in Japanese with English abstract 3p.)
- Hirokawa and Yoshida (1956) Ohazama, Explanatory Text of the Geological Map of Japan, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 31p. (in Japanese with English abstract 9p.)