[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Tate Sandstone Member (Otuka, 1934) Tuzino et al., 2018
Invalid synonym: Tate Ostrea Beds, Tate Conglomerate and Sandstone Member
- Type locality: Shiratori river, Tate, Ninohe city, Iwate prefecture
- Coherent formation
- early Miocene (16.5 - 15.0 Ma, Shellfishes)
- Sedimentary facies: Marine, Brackish
- Sedimentary facies: Tidal flat - Inner bay
- Sedimentary facies: Mangrove backmarsh
- Sedimentary facies: Basal conglomerate
- Climate: Subtropical
- Lithofacies: Sandstone
- Lithofacies (Minor): Conglomerate, Muddy sandstone, Lignite
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Tate - Kintaichi - Nisatai, Ninohe city, Iwate pref.; Kitadate - Narayama - Kaname - Mega, Ichinohe city, Ninohe county, Iwate pref.; Sotokawame - Kamidate, Karumai city, Kunohe county, Iwate pref.
- Fossils: Desmostylus sp., Foraminifera (Ammonia tochiensis)
- Fossils (Kadonosawa fauna): Anadara sp., Cerithidea sp., Crassostrea gravitesta, Ellobium sp., Geloina sp., Tateiwaia sp., Vicarya sp., Vicaryella sp.
- Fossils (Pollen): Carya sp., Gastanea sp., Castanopsis sp., Liquidambar sp., Kandelia sp. (Mangroves), Artemisia sp., Lagerstroemia sp., Tilia sp., Acer sp., Rhus sp., Caesalpinia sp., Zelkova sp., Ulmus sp., Quercus sp., Fagus sp., Corylus sp., Carpinus sp., Betula sp., Alnus sp., Pterocarya sp., Juglans sp., Salix sp.
- Tuzino et. al. (2018) Geology of the Ichinohe District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, AIST, 161p. (in Japanese with English abstract 4p.)
- Yamanoi et al. (2010) Jour. Geol. Soc. Japan, vol.116, no.2, pp.114-117 DOI