[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Orikabetoge Formation Yamazaki et al., 1984
- Type locality: Orikabe pass, Shiwa city - Ohasama town, Hanamaki city, Iwate prefecture
- Coherent formation
- Paleozoic volcanic island arc
- Silurian - Devonian
- Lithofacies: Clastic rocks
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: West of Mount Hayachine, Iwate pref.
- Distribution: Orikabe pass, Shiwa city - Ohasama town, Hanamaki city, Iwate pref.; Hayachine dam, Osako town, Hanamaki city, Iwate pref.
- Fossils (Table corals): Halysitids (Halysites kuraokensis), Favisitids, Heliolitids, Alveolitids
- Fossils: Rugosa, Stromatopods, Crinoids, Bryozoans, Brachiopods, Trilobites, Red algae, Microfossils (Renalcis, Rothpletzella)
- Kawamura et. al. (2013) Geology of the Hayachine San District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, AIST, 101p. (in Japanese with English abstract 4p.)
- Uchino et al. (2008) Jour. Geol. Soc. Japan, vol.114, Supplement, pp.141-157 DOI