[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Hanayama Formation Murayama, 1937
- Type locality: Hanayama, Nishiwaga city, Waga county, Iwate prefecture
- Coherent formation
- Sedimentary facies: Lacustrine
- Lithofacies: Sandstone, Mudstone, Dacite tuff
- Lithofacies (Minor): Conglomerate, Lignite
- Lithofacies (Basal): Gravelly sandstone
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Hanayama, Nishiwaga city, Waga county, Iwate pref.
- Fossils (Plants): Cornus sp., Fagus crenata, Hamamelis cf. japonica, Metasequoia sp., Quercus aliena, Rhododendron sp.
- Ozawa et al. (1971) Geology of the Kawashiri District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 40p. (in Japanese with English abstract 5p.)